Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Upload image with text

Quote Reply
Upload image with text
Hi. There must be a way to associate text with uploaded images but I can’t figure it out.Pirate

I'm using the Multifile Upload mod so users can add up to 5 images. I also want them to be able to add pertinent information like title, size, etc.

In html.pl, the html_record_form uses:
Code:

<input type=”file” name=”file-to-upload-$u”> #for adding and modifying images.
#This is saved in a new directory.

#Using the following I'm able to get the titles to the correct fields.

<input type=”text” name=”title-$u”>

#These fields are defined in db.cfg. as title_1, title_2, etc. and saved in the db.

When the image is viewed however, I can’t figure out how to get the correct title to appear. The number of images can vary between 0-5.

Any suggestions, please?

BTW: This is my first post but I’ve read and learned a tremendous amount from this forum over the last few years. Its an amazing place.

Last edited by:

watchjb: Nov 19, 2003, 12:39 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [watchjb] Upload image with text In reply to
Search in the FAQ noted below under the section "Images" for a thread called "Multiple Image Upload (graphic files at different positions)"

There are a few combined threads in the FAQ thread. I believe by looking at how you would display the images in different positions it will also lead you to the code needed to add your specific sizes and titles to each graphic.

For sizes, you may need to define fields for each photo in your .cfg file for height and width.

Hope this helps

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] Upload image with text In reply to
Lois, Thanks!! Its exactly what I needed.