Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

where is the view search options controled.

Quote Reply
where is the view search options controled.
I cannot, for the life of me, find where in dbman that the code is that controls the "sort by" in the Search Options Selection of the view_search pad. I want to control the select fields that are displayed in the "sort by" select field. However, I cannot find how to control this.

Anyone? I looked in .cfg and did not see a choice for what fields can be sorted and not sorted.
Thanks
TimRyan
Quote Reply
Re: where is the view search options controled. In reply to
timryan,

I believe the sub you may be looking for is html_search_options in html.pl
Quote Reply
Thanks web dog,
I was aware of that routine... however, I have hunted and debugged it and the problem I am having is in trying to figure out where the i$ variable in the foreach loop gets its info from. I also looked in cfg, which would be the logical place to feed it from but I could not find that info.
Code I am refering to is below....
for (my $i =0; $i <= $#db_cols; $i++)
{
$search_options_data .= qq|<OPTION VALUE="$i">$db_cols[$i]</OPTION>| if ($db_form_len{$db_cols[$i]} >= 0)}

It looks like $i gets if trom db_cols. But not sure what that code means either... (ie, the $i <= $#db_cols). And more importantly... what I do to control what is fed to this spot so I can have what ever sort fields I want. Smile

As I looked over all the code and could not find a feeder in cfg I suspected the routine would spit out all fields.. But that is not what is happening in my display.

The bottom line question here is whether we currently have control over this or not? And if we do have current control of the sort by: then where and what do we do it?
TimRyan

[This message has been edited by timryan (edited August 29, 1999).]
Quote Reply
ahhhh,....I see. This looks like one for JPDeni. If I figure it out before she responds, I'll post it, but thats unlikely, cause I'm working on something right now that needs to be turned in in the next 15hrs and I'm nowhere near finished.
Quote Reply
Hey web dog,

<sidebar>
How's the NT coming along? Did you get the .cgi extension to work?
</sidebar>

Let me know.

TimRyan,

Try looking at the sub query routine in db.cgi...I believe there are sorting codes in that routine.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Founder and Editor
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com/
info@anthrotech.com
==========================
Coconino Community College
http://www.coco.cc.az.us/
Web Technology
Coordinator
elee@coco.cc.az.us
Quote Reply
I think I answered this in Tim's other post. If there's stil confusion, let me know.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Yes you did JPD, Thanks again Smile

TimRyan