Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

username and pass in database instead of .pass ?

Quote Reply
username and pass in database instead of .pass ?
Is it possible to store the username and passwordinfo in the main .db-file instead of the default.pass file?
I´d like to set up a database:
uniqueusernumber|pass|name|mail|etcetc
people should be able to log in with their number and the pass.
so if you´ve got 1000 peolple in your db, you won´t need 1000 entries in your pass-file.
people could change their passes easily along with their other information in one step.
thx in advance

Bernd

Quote Reply
Re: username and pass in database instead of .pass ? In reply to
I ´ve thougt about it. Unfortunately, I am not that good in Perl, but to get that mod running, some changes have to be made:
1) remove sign up
2) if a record is added, the password has to be stored encryptet in the database. Maybe the whole information of a pass-entry has to be stored in the database, such as the permissions of the user.
3) if a user logs in, the username/password combination has to be taken out of database instead of the .pass file, but used in the very same way.
4) if a user is allowed to change his own record only, the routine,which enters the username automatically to the datadase, has to be removed.
5) some cosmetical changes to the interface, such as links to modify and delete instead of searching for mod and del.
I think that should do, as long as I´ve not forgotten something very important.
Anybody could help me with that? As I said, it would be very useful for databases with lots of users.
I think I´ll have problems with the points 2) to 3). Any help is welcome
thx
Bernd