Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
help!
I wanted to setup an online database, in which a user can signup online, then a password will be sent to him/her automatically.

I understand that I have an option to use the following steps for easier configuration:
- Setup dbman
- Use jpDeni's dbMAN Configurator
- Configure jpDeni's Secure Lookup

Problem is, I wanted to allow viewing of all records to registered and non-registered users except for selected fields only. So if a user entered fields informations "A","B","C","D" ... is it possible that I can only display "C" and "D" to the public?

Is there a prewritten add-on like this for dbman?

Sorry I am not CGI programmer so I only rely on pre-written scripts and online help.

Quote Reply
Re: help! In reply to
Hello pinoy7, yes, you would be able to limit the data available to default (non-registered) users.

Quote Reply
thanks Karen,
What I really wanted to do is limit the data available for viewing for both registered and non-registered users and some fields would be for admin view only. Is this possible? :)

Quote Reply
Hi pinoy7, yes, you would be able to customize what your viewers see.
Review the following thread:
http://gossamer-threads.com/...w=collapsed&sb=5

Quote Reply
i've search that site but coudn't find a specific topic that refers to what i am exactly looking for :(

Thanks for trying to help Karen.

Regards,
Pinoy

Quote Reply
Hi pinoy, try visiting LoisC's DBMan FAQ's site and select Fields from the navigation links on the let of the page. Then, scroll down the page to the topic of Conditional Displays: There are a large number of examples listed there for creating if statements based on certain conditions.