Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Upload Mods

Quote Reply
Upload Mods
Hi,
Do either of the upload mods (single or multiple) allow you to modify the db record without having to input the upload file name again.
If you have added a record and then want to modify that record, should the original upload file automaticaly stay the same if you don't select a new one?
I tried both mods (very quickly) but it seems that the upload file name does not apear on the form and that if you don't select a new one the original one is overwritten with a blank.
Is it necesary to select the original again??
Why doesn't the upload file text area populate with the original name??
As I said I tried this in a hurry, is it me or is that the way the mod works?
Thanks.
Simon.

Quote Reply
Re: Upload Mods In reply to
In Reply To:
Do either of the upload mods (single or multiple) allow you to modify the db record without having to input the upload file name again.
Both of them do.

In Reply To:
I tried both mods (very quickly) but it seems that the upload file name does not apear on the form and that if you don't select a new one the original one is overwritten with a blank.
The name of the file that is in the database in the single upload mod is meaningless. It is only there to assure that the user has uploaded a file. The script does not use that field for any other purpose.

In Reply To:
Is it necesary to select the original again??
No.

In Reply To:
Why doesn't the upload file text area populate with the original name??
That is the nature of the "file" input type. I tried to populate it with the original name. It didn't work. No matter what I put in there, the field was still empty. It's the nature of the field type.

In Reply To:
As I said I tried this in a hurry, is it me or is that the way the mod works?
This is the way the mod works.

With the single file upload, if you upload a new file when you modify a record, the new file will replace the old one. If you don't, the Filename field will be empty, but the actual file will still exist.

With the multiple file upload, there isn't even a Filename field. There is a Graphic field which is set by the script looking in the directory associated with the file. If there is at least one file in that directory, the Graphic field is set to "Yes." If not, the Graphic field is set to nothing.

I think I'm going to have to change the single file upload. Much of the scripting was offered by someone else who set it up that way.

JPD
http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/