Does she not get any rest?
Support like this is rarely free.
Yet she will help without a fee!
JPDeni is so cool.
JPDeni, you totally rule!

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Quote Reply
Re: Tribute to JPDeni In reply to
  Thank you!!!!!! My hubby's asleep in the next room, so I can't laugh out loud, but this is wonderful. (My face hurts from trying to keep quiet! )

You're very sweet. What more can I say? Thank you!!!!!!!

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Hehe. You deserve it. I've NEVER got support like this for ANYTHING. Most support forums will help you to set up the script, but that's about it. You write custom mods for people just for asking. And usually within a few hours! And I'm sure a lot of times you don't even get a thanks. Just wanted to let you know that you are appreciated here. It's people like you that make the internet so great.
Quote Reply
Well, thank you. It keeps me off the streets and out of trouble. Most of the time. Smile

I enjoy a lot of the new things that people ask about. It's like solving a puzzle.

I'll admit that sometimes I get a little grumpy and lose patience with folks, and I'm afraid that once in a while I let it creep into what I write here. But I have moods like everyone does, so I guess there's nothing I can do about it.

I do want to say what touched me most about your little ditty. I think that the most important thing one person can give to another is time. The fact that you took the time to put that together means a lot to me.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Carol,

I second that motion...I always tell anyone I talk to when discussing this script that it's got the best technical support you've ever seen! Smile

And don't worry, you have every right to get a little miffed at some people...I for one feel almost bad whenever I ask a favor of you...but some people out there act as if they're entitled to it...so don't worry, you've been extremely generous and very good-natured about all this.

X, great litle diddy there!

Chris Smile
Quote Reply
I couldn't agree any more. JPD is simply the best and we are all fortunate that she spends so much time helping us all out.

JPD We Salute You!!!!!
Smile
Quote Reply
I wholeheartedly agree. JPD has played a significant part of my Perl learning experience, by assisting me several times with questions/problems I've had with DBman. She always comes up with excellent solutions to questions I've had. So I also wanted to express my appreciation for the time, effort, and willingness to help out everyone here. Smile

Frank
Quote Reply
   I couldnt live without JPDeni for my DBman. She has been helping me and spending all of your time to write all the coding i need for me.
Dont know how many tons of time "thanks" i should say

Smile
Quote Reply
Gee, you guys are making me get all misty! Smile

I really am glad to help and a lot of times I have a lot of fun. I'm a puzzle freak and DBMan is just another puzzle.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
I wholeheartly agree with everyone. JPDeni has been helping people for quite awhile in these forums.

I've been searching all the threads starting in the installation forum from December of '98 and you wouldn't believe how many mods she has actually written for this script!

And the atmosphere she creates in the forum is wonderful. During her time away, the forum changed alot and it's sooooo great to have her back! She has a great sense of humor Smile

By the way ... she does like receiving Amazon gift certificates Wink Getting more perl books helps her to provide this great support Smile

And in appreciate we all must remember to stay in the forums and help others when we can to take some of the load of questions asked by newbies so that JPDeni has time for her own projects. I've noticed more and more people doing that lately and it's nice to see.

This is one fine community of Gossamer Threads.

Quote Reply
Thank you, Lois. Your words are very kind.

I agree with you about the community. There are a lot of folks here that help out and I appreciate it. I, too, have noticed a change since I first started coming to the forum. More folks stay around for a longer time and we can develop a sense of community.

I appreciate this more than I can say.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
I don't know where in the world you guys are! (I'm from the UK) but agree entirely with all the comments here. I'm pretty much new to this and enjoy messing with the mods but when JP provides a solution, boy is it a high to see the damn thing working.

JP you could name your price in most if not all sofware houses here in the UK. We are crying out for TRUE professional and courteus (is that spelt correctly ??) support.

You have provided me with code on 3 occassions and those enhancements are working perfectly. I've actually posted another today, but its more of a question.

Thanks again. Paul