Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Skipped Field

Quote Reply
Skipped Field
I just added a 'Location' field to my database.
Here are the fields:
ID
Company
URL
Email
Jobtype
Jobtitle
Userid

When I view the record this is what I get:
ID =blank
Company =ID
URL =Company
Email =URL
Jobtype =Email
Jobtitle =Jobtype
Location =Jobtitle
Description =Location
Userid (hidden)

I have the preview record mod and when i preview it it looks fine, also, I get the record added screen and all the information is correct, but when I go to view/view all it skips a field.....

Quote Reply
Re: Skipped Field In reply to
Anytime you add a new field in your default.cfg file, you need to upgrade your database to include the new field column in your existing database.

Basically, your database is corrupted.

Some suggestions on fixing this:

1) From a backup of your database file, add the new field column offline via Excel or Access. Access is a lot easier. Then export the database as a tab delimited text file. Then edit all the \t characters with your delimiter character you've specified in the default.cfg file. Then save the file as default.db or whatever your database file name is.

2) Search this forum for upgrade update database and you should find references to codes that will automatically upgrade/update your database file.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I deleted the old one (just test records) and started with a new one when i added the new field.

Quote Reply
:} I got it.

In my .db file, I had an extra dilimiter after the user field in the first record. The script thought it was the first field (id) in the next record.