Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Short/long Mod Problems

Quote Reply
Short/long Mod Problems
When displaying a long-record out of a short one the $nh variable is always set to a value out of range. For example 5 Entries in DB and the value is 189. This results in an empty page.How can I change this?
Quote Reply
Re: Short/long Mod Problems In reply to
Please provide a link to your database, so that we can SEE what you are talking about.

Thanks.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
The problem could be your default.count file, which should contain the value of your last record your added to the database.

So, therefore, when you delete records, that file should increment to the next available key value, specified in your db_key variable in the default.cfg file.

Hope this sheds some light.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
My default.count starts at 1000. $db_key_track is set to 1 so it should always increment when a new entry is entered but it's not incrementing when an entry is deleted.
I think there's another reason for the wrong $nh value. The problem first occured when I implemented short/long Mod. If you go to long view at the bottom there is the short view again and if you click on an entry below the problem disappears and all long entries are shown correct (but the short view appended at the bottom always comes with it).
Quote Reply
Some more information: The number of database definitions is at 188 - just 1 below the value of $nh when viewing the first long view.
I have implemented a longer version of the cookie Mod to write and read more options. I also put them in the add/modify form by cookie. I removed the javascript for a while and the var $nh had its normal value. So i think there's the reason for this strange behaviour. But i don't know how to correct it.
Quote Reply
Problem is solved!!!
I reedited html.pl and suddenly the problem disappeared. Don't know what the reason for it was.
Quote Reply
Database is at http://www.ips.or.at/intern enter PuKi/sporgasse for username/password. Go to 'Alles anzeigen' (view all) click on 'Detailansicht' (Long view) on the right top corner of each entry. There's the problem.