Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Ready to go....recommendations please

Quote Reply
Ready to go....recommendations please
Well, I've played around with DBMan for a few days and I now want to get properly started.
I am going to implement a membership (controlled offline) based database which needs to pull related data from tables. Permissions need to vary against different tables e.g. admin will add some data and user can only view. I will also need to run extracts for off-line use.

Given the above, what are the essential mods I need to make this as smooth as possible?

Thanks,
Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Ready to go....recommendations please In reply to
I think you're trying to be succinct, which is good, but I don't understand what you're wanting to do. I need more detail.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
 Smile Nice one.

I want to use the "essential" mods at the start to save re-work in the longer run. I have made the following list:-

relational
user friendly
add/view mod
excel output

My database (a series of tables) is for recording time spent on projects and will hold details of that plus expenses incurred and related client details.

Will all of the above work together? Is there anything else I should consider?
Thanks again,
Rob
Quote Reply
As far as I can see, your list is pretty good. I would start with the user-friendly file and add on from there. Just make sure that you add one mod at a time and test it before you move on to another one. And keep backups of each step along the way. Smile

------------------
JPD