Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Problem getting html.pl to work...

Quote Reply
Problem getting html.pl to work...
I have tried customizing the html part of the script, which includes some Javascript (has worked before on other sites, but used different javascripts). The error I get is this:

Error Message: Error loading required libraries.
Check that they exist, permissions are set correctly and that they compile.
Reason: Bad name after js' at ./resume_html.pl line 186.

The html in that area is this:

<!--GO GET THE EXTERNAL JAVASCRIPT FILES-->
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2">
<!--
if (isMenu) {
document.write("<SCRIPT LANGUAGE='JavaScript1.2' SRC='../javascript/hierArraystop.js'><\/SCRIPT>");
LINE 186****
document.write("<SCRIPT LANGUAGE='JavaScript1.2' SRC='../javascript/hierMenus.js'><\/SCRIPT>");
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>
<!--/GO GET THE EXTERNAL JAVASCRIPT FILES-->
Am I missing a escape character or something? this is all held inside print qq| brackets.

Mike

Quote Reply
Re: Problem getting html.pl to work... In reply to
I don't know if this is the problem, but you don't need to escape the / character.

It's very possible that your problem is earlier in the script. Many times the line referenced is where the script ran into problems, but not where the actual error is.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
JP,

I looked at the escape character and have tried pretty much every combination thereof. I am just having a hard time trying to figure out why there would be a bad name after the line...
Quote Reply
It's probable that the error is way above the javascript.

For debugging purposes, take out the javascript and see what happens.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Carol,

You, as usual, are right. I started going through line by line and realized that I had a search cgi script on the page as well, creating two forms (one inside the other) it wouldn't run that way I guess Smile Is there any way to make something like that work? I have the search box on every page of the site, and would hate to have to leave it out of the dbman pages... Any ideas?

Mike

BTW - Thank you so much for your patience and guidance - Perl is a crazy world if you go at it alone sometimes...