Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Pic Uploads Problem

Quote Reply
Pic Uploads Problem
Hello,
I ahve been busy trying to learn all about the dbman over the last couple of weeks, and although it is my first time(blush) messing with any sort of script, I was chuffed to get it going thanks to JP's tutorial. The problem, or question I have now relates to the picture upload mod which I added. It works fine when I upload it to the server, but on my home 'test' server, it works fine, until I ask it to upload a picture, at which time it gives me an error message in the apache log of:

[Mon Jul 10 10:02:32 2000] [error] [client 127.0.0.6] Premature end of script headers: c:/www/vhtdocs/jagar.co.uk/cgi-local/dbman/db.cgi
[Mon Jul 10 10:02:32 2000] [error] [client 127.0.0.6] CGI open of tmpfile: No such file or directory

I don't know much about perl, or apache in GREAT detail, but must know enough to have got it all working in the first place. I have not had any trouble up until this point, and as I said, it works fine on the hosting server, just not on my PC when trialling it before uploading.

Please can anyone point me in the direction of where to find out why not?

I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Rick

Quote Reply
Re: Pic Uploads Problem In reply to
(I moved this from the DBMan Discussions forum.)

My guess is that either you have not created the tmpfile directory or your path to it is incorrect.

What is the tmpfile directory? Is it your $SAVE_DIRECTORY?

JPD
http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/
Quote Reply
Thanks JP

I don't quite understand the effect of it yet, but I have fixed it by uncommenting the following in the CGI.pm file on my PC (Home Server)

##################################################################################################################
#I uncommented the line below to enable picture uploads to work from Apache when trialling dbman at home - RP
#
##################################################################################################################
# HARD-CODED LOCATION FOR FILE UPLOAD TEMPORARY FILES.
# UNCOMMENT THIS ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.
$TempFile::TMPDIRECTORY = '/usr/tmp';
###########################################################################

Does this tie in with your reply suggestions?

Thanks for your response.

Rick

Quote Reply
I don't know the ins and outs of CGI.pm. But it appears that you needed to do exactly what you did. I just hadn't come across this issue before.

JPD
http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/