Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Other search form

Quote Reply
Other search form
When I take a look at http://www.koshervitamin.com/ , I see that the webmaster of this site used another search form.

What do I need to chnge to use this sub ?

------------------
--- Luc
Quote Reply
Re: Other search form In reply to
Please search this forum more carefully for putting DBMAN search forms in static web pages.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Hi LucVG, try this thread http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/forum/resources/Forum12/HTML/002081.html and see if dataKing's explaination of linking to a search of your db helps you identify setting up a form such as the one you mentioned.

Did you try contacting the webmaster for the site and see if they would help you in setting up a similar search function - or give you some advise on where to make changes?

------------------
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Karen
Quote Reply
Do I need to change something in the html.pl, so that the search form is displayed ? Maybe in other scripts also ?

------------------
--- Luc

[This message has been edited by LucVG (edited February 06, 2000).]
Quote Reply
NO. YOU ADD CODES TO YOUR STATIC WEB PAGE! THESE CODES HAVE BEEN POSTED THREE TIMES IN THE PAST WEEK, TWICE BY ME!

SEARCH THE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Eliot, txs for the reply, but

1. I don't found what you have posted twice last week. Maybe I search after the wrong keyword. I have looking for all your posts from the last 10 days, and I found 17, but the answer on my question isn't there.

2. The search form works fine. The only problem I have is when there is a 'Search Failed', because then, the search form returns the original search form, created in html.pl.
That was the reason I asked this before.

Txs for a reply, and sorry if I don't found it in the earlier discussions.

------------------
--- Luc
Quote Reply
I take a look at that thread !

I have contacted the webmaster, but so far no answer.

------------------
--- Luc