Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

New login process to include registration form

Quote Reply
New login process to include registration form
I wish to structure the process flow of dbman in the following way for new users:

=> Login screen => [click "Register" button] => Signup screen for name/password (html_signup_form) => { &signup } => registration screen (html_signup_success) => { &add_record } => main menu

The problem is that db_uid seems to be dropped after the &signup routine, which makes sense since the normal operation is to go back to the login screen following signup, not go to a another form with the new db_uid. What do I need to tweak in order to make the above process work?

------------------
TMTS Web Site Design Services
http://www.tmtsaz.com
Quote Reply
Re: New login process to include registration form In reply to
Are you trying to get new signees to add one (and only one) profile record into a db? If so, this has been discussed a bunch of times. If I remember, I think JPDeni provided a one line solution to Eliot's original request (or maybe not)...

------------------
The Immuatable Order of Modding
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
1. Read the FAQ, 2. Search the board, 2a. Search the board again, 3. ask the question, 4. back-up, 5. experiment, 6. rephrase question (or better yet, post solution to original question)
Quote Reply
Re: New login process to include registration form In reply to
To have users go to the add form, all you have to do is add the following codes at the top of the sub html_home routine:

Code:
if ($per_add) {
%rec = &get_record($db_userid);
unless ($rec{$db_key}) {
&html_add_form;
return;
}
}

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center