Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

List All Not Working w/ Netscape

Quote Reply
List All Not Working w/ Netscape
List All does not work with netscape. It returns a search failed. But Explorer works
just fine. I have my config file set so users
can view/modify there own records only. And have installed the secure password mod. Also have set the tracking to userid.
As far as searching it works w/ netscape it seems to be the list all is the only problem.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is.
Thanks for any help.
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: List All Not Working w/ Netscape In reply to
Most likely you are missing closing table tags, which is not showing all records in the list all option. I would double check your HTML codes to make sure you have closing tags.

BTW: Netscape is less forgiving in terms of HMTL errors.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Post the link you are using to list all so I can check it from my end.

I'm not sure what to say about the track userid, I'm confused about that one. In the doc's it says:

# The column name for the database key. Can be any column, but it must be unique!
# You can't have two records with the same key value! $db_key = 'ID';

Then it says:

# Track the key? Should DBMan keep a counter of the next key to use? This isn't
# neccessary if you can guarantee that your entry in the key field will be unique
# (i.e. a userid).
$db_key_track = 1;

We have a userid field that is auto updated by the ($auth_user_field) variable. What confuses me is that, this is not a unique value, it is the same for every record that the same person posts. So if you have your DB setup the same as ours for userid you might want to switch tracking to track ID instead. Or maybe someone can explain the confusion about tracking userid.

------------------
Larry "NgtCrwlr" Mingus
www.makeitsimple.com

Quote Reply
No its not a display problem. Im getting the
search failed screen. I have the db set up so
the userid is the key track. Becouse only
one record is allowed and the user is only allowed to view, delete, and modify there one
record. The script has to track the userid so that it will find and display there record
information. The db is a contact information base. Take a look at http://www.swapfiles.com/apts/apts.cgi
You can sign up for account and look at problem or log in as admin. Its while using Netscape 4.0. Once logged in click list all.
Thanks for help.
Charlie
Quote Reply
mcrickman -

We had the same problem about a month or so ago. The problem was the maximum number of hits returned in the search. When using Internet Explorer everything worked fine - but when viewing using Netscape it would take a very long time to return anything - and when it did finally return anything the list would be incomplete

We changed the max. number returned in default.cfg from 75 to 25 and everything now works fine in both browsers.

Maybe this is the same problem that you are having? You can try and see.

------------------
donm
All those who believe in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Quote Reply
The problem is with your "List All" link:

You cannot have spaces for fields unless you have defined them in your configuration file with single quotes, like the following:

'My Field Rules'

Also, I would try putting User ID together, like the following UserID. That argument in the query string (List All Link) is giving you a problem in Netscape. In addition to internal HTML codes in documents, Netscape does not tolerate spaces between arguments of query strings, like User ID.

Hope this sheds some light or you could again tell me I am wrong.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Well I seem to have the problem solved.
But unsure why there was a problem.
I removed the space in the cfg file for the