Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

JPDeni, please clarify these...

Quote Reply
JPDeni, please clarify these...
I installed your 'preview','censor', 'user-friendly html.pl' and 'short-change' scripts successfully. And I really thank you as much as dbman. There are some new problems though: after trying out the mailing programs like 'internal mass mailer' and the one you taught Gerard several mails down this list, it seems that the preview does not work anymore. The 'Add It!' buttons for the preview page went up to the top left of the page followed by the title 'Record Preview , and there is no preview form available except for the original form with the input boxes.

I changed a new html.pl and reinstalled my initial stuffs and all works fine, until I installed the mail scripts again and the preview went off again. The mail program works fine, just like all your other scripts.

I am still trying to find out what is wrong, but its 3 am in the morning here, and I need to work tomorrow..... arrrggghh.

Please let me know if you have such encounters, and a possible hint of solution? Thank you once again for your scripts contribution.

roth
Singapore

Quote Reply
Re: JPDeni, please clarify these... In reply to
It sounds like there's a problem with your html coding. The movement of your buttons to the top of the form is a telltale sign.

When exactly did you start to have the problem? When you installed the mass mailer or when you installed the "send email after add" thing from Gerard's post?

JPD
http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/
Quote Reply
Re: I found it... Wooo Hooo In reply to
Sorry, the problem lies between 'preview' mod and 'short-change' mod.

The sub html_record is no longer under the short-change mode, and that it is now called html_record_long. So in the preview, it should call the html_record_long for preview instead of the html_record which only shows the title. Its a simple fault but I really was distracted by the 'add it' button on the top left screen. ;-P

Thank you!

roth

p.s. how you insert the smiley face??

Quote Reply
Re: I found it... Wooo Hooo In reply to
Glad you got it figured out. Smile

To get the smiley faces, take a look at the link -- markup in your posts at the top of the page when you reply. You'll get a whole list of them.

JPD
http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/