Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

I need to create a Petition system - would DBMan be my solution?

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: I need to create a Petition system - would DBMan be my solution? In reply to
Thanks JPDeni!

I have made the file available to you at http://www.emmgee.com/html_pl.txt .
It will take a bit longer than usual to download, as it is 200kb large.
Let me know if youhave any questions or suggestions Smile.
Thanks a bunch!

------------------
Michael G. Bronner
emMGee Graf-X, Web Design
www.emmgee.com
Quote Reply
Re: I need to create a Petition system - would DBMan be my solution? In reply to
I think I can cut down on the size of your html.pl page a lot!

Your project is next in line.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Thats probably true, I would assume by implement a header and footer part. I didn't want to mess it up, so I didn't try that Smile.

------------------
Michael G. Bronner
www.emmgee.com
Quote Reply
Thanks JPDeni!

I'll check out the tutorial later (I have a few other things that need to get done first).

Yes, you are correct, the only different file would be the .db file. The $html_title needs to be different however. And it would be handy to be able to add text to the default add form (viewers won't see the home page, but will be directed straight to the add form).

The email ouput should look like this:
Code:
Optional text input by admin. (paragraph)

Name Address Phone
==========================================================================
FirstName LastName Street1, Street2, Town, ZIP, COUNTRY Phone
Also, the admin should be the only one able to send email. The admin should also be able to specify the recipient, as well as the CC field and subject line.

Thanks a bunch!

------------------
Michael G. Bronner
www.emmgee.com

[This message has been edited by MikeB (edited September 02, 1999).]

Quote Reply
I'm back now and will be working for a while on the html.pl file using your mod.... should be done soon!

------------------
Michael G. Bronner
www.emmgee.com
Quote Reply
OK, I think I got everything done now.... the html.pl shrunk to half it's origianl size, thanks to you! Smile)

You can get the file at http://www.emmgee.com/html_pl.txt

Please contact me if you have any problems or questions. I will be out untill tomorrow at 5 am PST.

Best Regards!

------------------
Michael G. Bronner
www.emmgee.com
Quote Reply
I'll have to get back to you later today, Mike. I'm not sure how long I can be online right now. I may have to go back to bed pretty quickly.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
No problem JPD Smile

I have tweaked and finalized the html.pl script now. I was able to bring it down from a whopping 210kb to a mere 50kb Smile). It should be MUCH easier for you to look at now.

Again, it's available at http://www.emmgee.com/html_pl.txt

I don't plan on making any changes to it on my end, so you can count on it that I will keep it that way. Smile If you have any questions or need something done, please get in touch Smile.

Best Regards!

------------------
Michael G. Bronner
www.emmgee.com
Quote Reply
I need to catch up on all the questions I missed from yesterday and then I'll get to working on your project.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Hi JPD,

That's great Smile. I hope all is working out fine. How is it coming?

Thanks,

------------------
Michael G. Bronner
www.emmgee.com
Quote Reply
Hi there JPDeni,

I don't mean to pressure you or anything, I just need to know if you are still working on that easy-to-use admin interface with the email features. If not thats fine, I just have someone waiting on me to finish the database, and they are getting restless.

Thanks,

------------------
Michael G. Bronner
www.emmgee.com
Quote Reply
MikeB,

Carol has seemed to taken a much needed vacation from the Forum. I am sure she is working on the codes. She will hopefully be back soon.

Smile

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Founder and Editor
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com/
info@anthrotech.com
==========================
Coconino Community College
http://www.coco.cc.az.us/
Web Technology