Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

HTML Form question

Quote Reply
HTML Form question
I posted this a while ago, but didn't get an answer that worked (only Eliot said that it was because I didn't name my input fields, but I did).

If I am in Netscape (Not IE), and my form only has one field for the user to fill in, and they fill it in and hit enter instead of clicking on the "Search" button, they get an error from DBMAN. HELP! Can I either 1) disable the enter key or 2) make Enter work?!

If my explaination isn't clear, go here

http://www.lib.lsu.edu/cgi-bin/dbman/dbman/db.cgi?db=journalfind&uid=default

type in a search that fails (i.e. ghdfsjglhfdjskl)

The no results screen only has one input box- try another search and hit ENTER instead of clicking on Search.

I can put in a dummy input box, and the problem is solved, only I don't particularly want a dummy input box.
Quote Reply
Re: HTML Form question In reply to
Again the value for the submit button with view_records has to be 1!

You have to add a hidden field like the following:

Code:
<input type="hidden" name="view_records" value="1">

You can keep the submit fields the way they are...BUT you need to have this hidden field in order for the form to work properly.

Check out the following URL:

http://anthrotech.com/...p;mh=0&vr=Search

See...in the HTML source code...I have this hidden field (although I have renamed view_records to be vr).

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thank you Eliot for being more explicit- last time when you said value I thought you meant this one

<input TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="view_records" VALUE="View Records">

Of course, it works like a charm.
Quote Reply
Good!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------