Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

relational question help

Quote Reply
relational question help
can i use four different databases just by using one auth file and one pass file, and using links between each database in the footers

Quote Reply
Good question ... In reply to
I would like to know, too.
lastdrop

Quote Reply
Re: Good question ... In reply to
Yes, you can use the same password/auth files for multiple databases, whether or not they are relational.

Quote Reply
if you use the databases like this by way of links in the footer, they will still work as good? yes or no
will you still be able to use it similar to a relational db
i am only new at this dbman script, currently i am linking my db's through the footer and using one pass and one auth file will this work good?
I have a database for actors a database for acting agents a database for models and a database for model agents
will the above work ok for this setup

Quote Reply
I've been using footer links for changing between databases in a test environment. This works more effectively for me than anything I've been able to figure out using the Relational Mod.

The Relational Mod seems to use Userid as the only means of "relating" the databases. I need the "records" related rather than having who "entered" the records to be related.

LoisC has a helpful info sheet on creating footers unique per database at her FAQ's site - The Relational Mod Notes is linked from the Resource area (link to Resources at top of forum).

Good luck!