Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Email a-n-d ICQ check

Quote Reply
Email a-n-d ICQ check
HI again!

I'm using the secure password lookup -mod. It's great! Now, my users are also using ICQ. I want to make a similar user-check with the ICQ number they enter. What I mean is that they enter their ICQ number and a separate password is sent to that ICQ. After they have entered that password their ICQ-number will be visible for others.

I want a password to be sent both to their specified email address and their specified ICQ number, of course two different passwords.

Does anyone have an idea of how to do this? Thanx!! :)

Quote Reply
Re: Email a-n-d ICQ check In reply to
Hello sir,

U may using icqlib to create a subrounte to send icq message to forgotton password.

Gab

Quote Reply
what is ICQlib?? could you please provide more info?? and where I can obtain a copy from??

thanks!

Quote Reply
What I want is to be able to do the same check with the entered ICQ number as I do with the email-adress, through secure lookup. There is, of course, no problem to do the ICQ check instead of the email check ... problem is, I want to do both...

Quote Reply
You would need to add the ICQ number to the .pass file. I'll have to get back to you on this.

JPD
Quote Reply
Thanx! That would be really super!! :)

Quote Reply
I've put it on my "to do" list. What is the format for sending a message through ICQ?

JPD
Quote Reply
That can be as simpe as sending an email - every user gets an emailaddress in the format: [icqnumber]@pager.icq.com... So basicly, I just want to be able to make a "double email-check" for the users that enter both email and icq...

Quote Reply
Thanks. I haven't used ICQ in a long time and I never really got into it.

It's on the list and I'll let you know when it's ready.

JPD
Quote Reply
Thanx! I've been thinking about this quite a while. What I want is to make two or maybe three signup procedures after each other. i.e. The user signs up by giving its emailaddress ... wait for the password ... types it in ... and then meets the same thing again - enters his/hers ICQ number - another password is sent through email (nr@pager.icq.com) - the user types it in ... after that everything is "normal". Shouldn't be too hard, probably need to make double signup procedures. If anyone could help, I would appreciate a lot! :) :) :)

Quote Reply
It's still on my list. Just a couple of other mods before it now.

JPD
http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/