Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Display in short/long

Quote Reply
Display in short/long
Hello,
What I'm trying to do (with emphasis on the try) is this.
I am using the short/long mod and displaying the short on the top end of a page and the long at the bottom. I want to be able to do the following:

1) Display 'today's' and 'yesterday's' headlines in different columns and have them auto archive at the appropriate time

OR

2) just have them display in different columns

I can display just a limited number by setting the mh value and removing all the subroutines for "Pages" so they dont show up.. so something like this:

...uid=default&view_records=1&Title=*&mh=10&sb=7&so=descend"-->

which would return the most recent 10, but I don't know how to search (or make the call in SSI -sorry JPDeni-) for say 11-18 if there were 18 records. ideally, if there were 18 records, I would like to have it do something like take the current number NOT archived and divide it and display evenly. Sheesh... Thanks to anyone who even read all that. :)

Quote Reply
Re: Display in short/long In reply to
I guess to make it simple...

how can i make an SSI call to display all records under a variable value. I can do it for a hardcoded number, but for variables??

Quote Reply
SSI has been discussed many times in this forum....

SSI DBMAN

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Yeah i know Anthro, the problem is when i search for SSI, it finds anything.. like poSSIble and other words.. and well, it's hard to sort through all that to see who means what. I was just hoping somebody knew the approach to using the Counter field in SSI