Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Cookie Mod v Netscape

Quote Reply
Cookie Mod v Netscape
I have installed cookie Mod on DBman (with the user-friendly html.pl) and receive a Java Error:

"JavaScript Error: http://www.recreationtherapy.com/addressbook/db.cgi, line 73:
document.form1 has no properties."

The script works fine in IE. After receiving the error message in Netscape and pressing the OK button, everything is working fine.

Any ideas as to what I need to do to correct this error message?

thanks
charlie
Quote Reply
Re: Cookie Mod v Netscape In reply to
charliedixon,
Try calling your javascript sub from inside the head tags in the html files, not the body tags, Netscape should like this better.
Quote Reply
I put it in between the head tags... it didn't work.

Any other ideas guys/gals?

thanks
charlie
Quote Reply
Hi Mart,

I looked at the script and the line you gave me was already set as you suggested.

Must be something else I'm doing that is wrong.

I have posted a copy of html.pl at www.recreationtherapy.com/addressbook/html/html.txt if anyone could look at it.

thanks
charlie
Quote Reply
Maybe you must put this in your sub 'html_home: <form name="form1">

Even though I think its better, only to call the '&cookie' just where you need it. (login routines). The way you have it, its been called at every action of the script, so take it out of your top_page formatting sub.
(I'm not familiar with the 'user_friendly' file)

Good luck.
--------
Mart.
Quote Reply
I took out the part 'onLoad="document.form1.userid.focus()"' in the '<FORM...>' tag, in the sub html_login_form, so there is:
Code:
<form action="$db_script_url" method="POST" name="form1" OnSubmit="return IsValid()">
works for me.

[This message has been edited by mart (edited March 21, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Thanks for the suggestion:

-------------------------------------------
Even though I think its better, only to call the '&cookie' just where you need it. (login routines). The way you have it, its been called at every action of the script, so take it out of your top_page formatting sub.
--------------------------------------------

Just by moving it to where it was needed, it now works in Netscape.

thanks!!
charlie