Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

CGI Error on List All

Quote Reply
CGI Error on List All
I have a strange problem:
Everything worked fine with DBMan for quite a while. But a week ago suddenly these errors occur and I really don't know what to do now or where to search.

The error occurs only(!) on list all. I thought my html.pl was too long (~500kb) and so I outsourced some templates in separate files and it really worked again. But a few days later (the default.db is constantly growing at that time) the error happened again and even heavily outsourcing didn't help.

Some facts: I have about 600 records in the database and default.db is 600kb large. I've installed short/long mod and file upload mod. I can't let anyone view the db, because it's only for a few persons with login. Even with debug mode on I can't see any more information when the error shows up (only Internal Server Error 500).

If anyone can help me where to search for the error solution or can tell me where the limits of DBMan are, I would really be thankful.

Quote Reply
Re: CGI Error on List All In reply to
My html.pl file is 1MB and my database works fine so it isn't because of that.

Can you provide a copy of your html.pl file for us to look at?

This database is quite fast considering the information is stored
in a flat file text database. There is no upper limits on either
the number of fields you can have, or the number of records. Search
speed will slowly degrade as your database grows. You can expect reasonable
performance for database approaching 1 MB though.

However, if you find your database outgrows DBMan, an all SQL
version is available. Please contact alex@gossamer-threads.com for
more information.
Quote Reply
I played around a bit with the url for list all and when I remove the part &sb=0 so that it looks like

../db.cgi?db=default&uid=5811.99241129084183&view_records=1&Objektnr=*&so=descend

it suddenly works. But unfortunatly I need the descending sortorder over field #0. It even doesn't work when I set sb to any other value. So I now think that it isn't the html.pl.

Quote Reply
I asked my ISP about the problem and he told me that the script consumes up to 40% of the resources and that's the reason for server error.

Now I'm trying to limit the output to the first 100 results. But I will open a new thread for it.