Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Admin Suggestion

Quote Reply
Admin Suggestion
I have a suggestion for the next version of DBman or if someone knows how to implement this now it would be great.

I would like to see a function that would allow the administrator to search (inquire) on User Name instead of the drop down box - that would allow you to type in the user name and then click on the "inquire" button and it would then display the User Name, Password, and Email Address of that specific user and then allow you to change/update User Names, Passwords, Email address for that user.
Quote Reply
Re: Admin Suggestion In reply to
There's a thread in the other DBMan forum about this. Check out
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/forum/resources/Forum5/HTML/000603.html

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
JPDeni - thanks alot the sorting works great. However, I haven't tried this but - can you use the sorting option and the typing in a user name together?

What I mean is - can you type in the user name if you know it - and if you don't can you use the sorting option to select the username?
Quote Reply
Probably. You would have to be sure that, if you typed something in, you didn't have any name selected in the list.

Also I'd change

<select name="username"><option> </option>~;

to

<select name="username"><option>---</option>~;

And for one final thing, in sub parse_form (db.cgi), after

if ($value eq "---") { next PAIR; }

add

unless ($value) { next PAIR; }

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
JPDeni - I think I am going to stay with the "sorting" order for this. However, I just noticed that now the email address doesn't appear anymore when using this?

Did I miss something?
Quote Reply
The modification I wrote for sorting just is for the default version of DBMan. It's getting pretty complicated to write modifications for every possibly permutation of the other modifications.

You just need to add back in a line from the lookup mod --

after

$password = $data[1];

add

$email = $data[7];

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
JPDeni - thanks again for your help !! Everything works fine now - you are definitely a great help !
Quote Reply
Glad I could help. It really does help me, too, though. I get lots of good ideas from people on the forum, so it works both ways.

------------------
JPD