Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Adapt Dbman to mySQL?

Quote Reply
Adapt Dbman to mySQL?
Hi all...has anyone tried or has anyone had any success in adapting Dbman to intergate with mySQL or is this obtainable?..thanks Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Adapt Dbman to mySQL? In reply to
Rob,
alex has written a SQL version of DBMan. Although this version is free the SQL version is not. You will need to purchase it from Alex.

As far as adapting this version, if you have to ask how. It would not be possible for you, nor I.
Quote Reply
Rob, I know Elliot has done a lot of work with mySQL and DBman. He would be the man to ask when he returns. I think he said he would be back on the 28th. He's moving to a new state.
Have you searched for mySQL, you might turn up somthing.

Bob

Strange I just tried to do a search in Dissussion and It dosn't seem to be working, won't even find my username, or anything realy.
I know mySQL has been disussed before, so I hope the search works for you....

[This message has been edited by lanerj (edited November 17, 1999).]
Quote Reply
HI Rob,

I have adapted Dbman to mSQL with no problems at all. It really is just a few minor changes in .cfg file and everything else runs the same. If you have a large data base than you really need to run the SQL version.
Quote Reply
I thought I would poke a message into this thread. I am planning on purchasing the SQL version. Has anyone had any issue with mods that just did not work?

I am trying to gauge how much time I may need for tweaking.

Thank you!

Michael
Quote Reply
It really depends on your experience with MySQL, ODBC, Oracle, or other database scripting languages and applications. I am overcoming a learning curve with MySQL...but making decent progress with LINKS. And at a later time, I will be upgrading my DBMAN projects to SQL.

Good luck.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------