Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

-gt searches not working

Quote Reply
-gt searches not working
I am using the what's new mod. It appears that the date search functions are now broken. If I do a search in the search form of >1-Jan-2000, I end up with records from 1999 still showing up. I have _no_ idea what I broke. Any experts wanna look my files are at http://www.revjoe.com/db-text/

Thanks

Joe
Quote Reply
Re: -gt searches not working In reply to
More questions.
I think I got it working, but I have a problem. It is bringing up the correct records now (I think), but when I sort the dates it puts 27-dec-1999 before 24-Jan-2000. It is sorting the 24 & 27 not the real dates. Is there a way to fix this.

Thanks

joe
Quote Reply
Try using the following hidden values in your search form codes, like in the sub view_search routine in the html.pl file:

Code:
<input type="hidden" name="so" value="ascend">
<input type="hidden" name="sb" value="2">

Replace 2 with your the number of your Date Added field.

For an example, go here:

anthrotech.com/cgibin/career/res/index.cgi?db=res&uid=default&format_url&ww=on&DatePosted=&so=ascend&sb=1&vr=1

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. Smile
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited January 24, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Thanks.

Actually, I already had the sort orders entered. But I found it. Imagine what happens if you define a date field as a alpha. It sorts as an alpha. Thus 24-jan-2000 really us before 27-dec-1999.

fixed in default.cfg and works fine.

Thanks Eliot!!!!