Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Purpose of Validated?

Quote Reply
Purpose of Validated?
It's been bugging (no connotation implied) me since first installing Dbman -- what is the purpose of the "Validated" field? I understand with Links the admin validates all submissions, but there's no such feature to Dbman that I'm aware of. Entries go directly into the database. Have I totally missed something?

So, is there any reason NOT to get rid of the validated field? If it does not serve any purpose to the script, I'd rather not have it be a potential source of confusion on the 'add' and 'modify' screens (I've left it out of the output and search sections).

Thanks,
Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Purpose of Validated? In reply to
It just ocurred to me that regardless of its use, I can make it a hidden field and not worry about it! I did the same with date entered, last modified, and user ID, as I don't see any reason for users to be changing them. But they will still display fine in searches (thanks to separating html_search_form from html_record_form). I can't forsee any problems with this method...

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Purpose of Validated? In reply to
Your solution is just fine. Smile

The purpose of the field in the demo database is to demonstrate the use of radio buttons. Alex used an old Links database for the demo, and that's one of the fields in that database.

------------------
JPD