Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

One problems, please help.

Quote Reply
One problems, please help.
Hi,

is it normal, that EVERY user can modify EVERY message? It seems that every user has admin rights. The entries in the config file are all correct.

Thanks for help,
Sonny
Quote Reply
Re: One problems, please help. In reply to
Nope...

You have to set-up the appopriate permissions in the Authentication Section in the default.cfg file.

For information on user permissions, go to the following web site:

www.jpdeni.com/dbman/

Which provides in-depth information about setting up your DBMAN, tutorials, and also modifications to the scripts, AND is linked in the Resource Center...first place to check for FAQs, Modifications, etc.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Hi,

thanks. I tried the config maker, but every user can still modify every message. I installed the original downloaded dbman and it is the same problem. Seems to be normal.

Thanks for ya help!
Marty
Quote Reply
Uh...NO, it is NOT normal. You either configuring the default.cfg wrong or there is a bug in the configurator. Globally admin rights is not defaulted and not normal.

You will need to manually set-up the authentication yourself...use the Permissions page that JPDeni wrote in her site!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
Sorry if I affect you but I used the ORIGINAL files and could do the same. :-) I donīt touched the config file. Hm, I donīt know what it could be.

Sonny

[This message has been edited by Sonny (edited February 11, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Ok, I take it back. The original version works fine. if I click on "List all" in the modify menue, Iīll get:

Check which record you wish to modify and then press "Modify Records":
Your search returned 0 matches.

Error: no matching records.

But there are many records in this database.
I donīt understand it.

Bye and thanks,
Sonny
Quote Reply
Iīve found the problem. As I changed the database, I removed this line:
Userid => [9, 'alpha',...
This line made no sense. Now I know that it is necessary for user records. You better should make a #Important beneath it.

Thanks
Sonny
Quote Reply
Or set the userid variable in the Authentication section to the number of the Userid field. If you do not have a Userid field, then set the variable to -1.

Thank you for arguing with me and lack of confidence. Comments that you have made further detract me from visiting this forum and helping people.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------