Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Multi file upload mod--on to the next hurdles

Quote Reply
Multi file upload mod--on to the next hurdles
I have two problems with the multi upload mod. One is viewing in List All (I have it set up for links rather than images). I can add a record and view the links and can see the field in a search for the record. But when I do List All the field is blank. I double-checked to make sure I added all the new lines to the .pl file and I don't think I missed any. Where in the .pl should I be looking?

Second--when I select a record to modify all of the fields show up blank.

I'm attaching my cfg and pl files. The url is http://www.ceri.memphis.edu/cgi-bin/db_ab/db.cgi?db=abstracts&uid=default
Quote Reply
Re: [ktgis] Multi file upload mod--on to the next hurdles In reply to
A clarification on the modify problem--if I select a record that has files uploaded, the file links show up but all of the other fields are blank.

Still scratching my head (and getting splinters) over the List All problem. Why can I see the field on view_search but not view_records?
Quote Reply
With your first problem, I would guess the problem is centered around the line

if (-e "$SAVE_DIRECTORY/$rec{$db_key}") {

I think it's not recognizing the variables. I would try replacing $db_key with the actual name of the field, for a start. The same with the next line where you open the directory. It shouldn't need to be that way, but that's the first thing I would do.

With your other problem, for some reason the %rec hash isn't being passed to sub html_record_form. I don't see a problem right away, but I haven't studied it. I'll see if I can give it a look later.

You have to realize I haven't looked at any of this stuff for close to four years. It'll take me a bit to get back in the saddle. :-)

JPD
----------------------------------------------------
JPDeni's DBMan-ual
How to ask questions the smart way.
Quote Reply
Re: [JPDeni] Multi file upload mod--on to the next hurdles In reply to
Thanks so much for your help. I tried replacing instances of $rec{$db_key} with $rec{'Graphic'} but it didn't make a difference. (Obviously, Graphic is the field name.)

Since I need to have something up and running soon I'm going to run a db without the image upload until I can get this right. My alternate url for the upload version is now http://www.ceri.memphis.edu/cgi-bin/db_ab2/db.cgi?db=abstracts

And now that I'm running a version without the upload I see that the modify problem is not related to the mod cause it isn't working on my other version either. Argh. Hopefully I can get it sorted out today, even if I have to do a clean install. But I'll still be working on the other version until I get it right.
Quote Reply
I tried replacing instances of $rec{$db_key} with $rec{'Graphic'} but it didn't make a difference. (Obviously, Graphic is the field name.)

Isn't the $db_key ID? When I did a "List All," part of the URL said ID=*.

And now that I'm running a version without the upload I see that the modify problem is not related to the mod cause it isn't working on my other version either.

I know this sort of thing happened pretty regularly when I was here before. I just don't know what the cause of it was. I'll take another look at your files after I've had breakfast and see if I can find anything.

JPD
JPDeni's DBMan-ual
Quote Reply
OK, I figured out why the modify form was showing up blank. Just another stupid mistake. Somehow I managed to have VALUE="" in my input tags. Stupid stupid. When I get those added I'll get back on the List All problem. I really appreciate your help JP.

Last edited by:

ktgis: Mar 24, 2005, 8:22 AM
Quote Reply
Don't feel too bad. We've all done things like that. It's all a rich learning experience. :-)

JPD
JPDeni's DBMan-ual
Quote Reply
You may also want to recheck your .cfg file field values.

You have a number out of sequence:

'Thes_adv' => [28, 'alpha', 40, 255, 0, '', ''],
'Coll' => [29, 'alpha', 40, 255, 0, '', ''],
'Coll_inst' => [30, 'alpha', 40, 255, 0, '', ''],
'Coll_date' => [21, 'alpha', 10, 10, 0, '', ''],
'Other' => [32, 'alpha', '40x5', 1000, 0, '', ''],

this should be 31
'Coll_date' => [21, 'alpha', 10, 10, 0, '', ''],

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/