Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Limiting Posts per User

Quote Reply
Limiting Posts per User
Okay, I am having problems because the mod doesn't exactly do what I'm looking for.

I don't want to allow users to sign up for their own account unless there is some mod that does not allow new users to add any records until their account has been verified by an Admin. I know that the Secure Password Lookup can do this to a certain extent, but I tried installing it and it didn't like me.
Not letting users sign up on their own and having to manually add new users isn't a huge deal in my case.

However, I would like to be able to make sure that each user can only add one record. The mod given does it right after signing up, which in turn requires the Secure Password Lookup mod. Is there a way to get around that? Like, a way to only let each user add one record WITHOUT adding the password mod and WITHOUT them having to do it right after signing up (since I don't have that option available at the moment)?

I hope that makes sense. I've been up all night playing with this, so my mind might be a little bit of mush about now Blush
Quote Reply
Re: [Reyhan] Limiting Posts per User In reply to
www.redundantcartridge.com/dbman --- Unofficial FAQ maintained by LoisC.

sign up for an account (if not already on it) and look under "Admin" and then check out this MOD: "Conditional Display of Add Record (removing add permissions after a user adds a record)".

See if this will work for you in the meantime... it allows users to add a record and then turns off the permission (until they delete the record).

It doesn't seem to require a bunch of additional mods afaik...