Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Javascript within DBMan not working if error on page after submit

Quote Reply
Javascript within DBMan not working if error on page after submit
Smile OK, awesome people, I have made a lot of progress customizing DBMan. Now I'm stuck a little, with implementing Javascript related select boxes within a DBMan form. The script works well when you go to the page to add a new record for Capital Assets, However, if you error out on the page -- the script doesn't work the second time through!

At this time, the javascript is embedded in html.pl, after reading some more posts here - I will try to move it to the .js file --- that didn't work originally. Maybe I need the full path not just the file name for that.

If there are any of you who have successfully integrated a javascript within an add form in DBMan I'd appreciate your looking at my code.

Thanks for any help! I need an extra pair of eyes to figure out why I'm not always getting the same behavior from the javascript! (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't)
Lynette
Hollister, Ca

Last edited by:

Alex: Aug 5, 2003, 3:53 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [ltillner] Javascript within DBMan not working if error on page after submit In reply to
DUH! I needed to add the script to sub html_error_page_top as well!

however, I'm getting the script to work if embedded in the page tops but NOT if I just use a javascript call such as:

This is also not working in a test form I did with the script separate from the form. So it's something about the script or the way I have the .js file set up. Any help would be appreciated.

Again, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Lynette
Hollister, Ca

Last edited by:

Alex: Aug 5, 2003, 3:55 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [ltillner] Javascript within DBMan not working if error on page after submit In reply to
It's unlikely you'd be able to do an http call to a JavaScript file inside your cgi folder. Try moving the JS file to your web rot directory (where the pages are) and change the script tag as indicated:

Last edited by:

Alex: Aug 5, 2003, 3:58 PM