Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

JPDeni Configurator

Quote Reply
JPDeni Configurator
I just tried to use the configurator on JPDeni's site to create my custom version of DBMan but it isn't working. I am wondering what I might be doing wrong. I followed the directions to the letter but am still getting the same error:
DBMan encountered an internal error. Please enable debugging to view.

I tried to set the cfg file to view debugging but nothing is showing up.

Does anyone know if this is common?
Is there anything specific I should check?
Has anyone used the "configurator" without problems?

C

Quote Reply
Re: JPDeni Configurator In reply to
Explain yourself? Were you able to save the two files at the end of the configurator or not?

Are you getting that error using the two files from the configurator? I have used many times with great success.

Quote Reply
I saved the files just as explained in the comments at the head of the documents...both the cfg file and the html file. I then replaced the portions of the html.pl file as described in the html file created by the configurator and saved the configurator version of the default.cfg to replace the demo version. I really didn't alter anything other than what was listed in the directions on the JPDeni site. That's why I am confused as to why I am getting this error.

Quote Reply
You might enable debugging as it says, then post the results here. It will give us a lot more detail as to where the problem might lie. I know it sure helped me figure it out. Wink

Diana Rae

The Newbie
Quote Reply
Did you download it in Explorer? I did it also and got the same strange erors. Then I saved the files with Netscape and there were no more problems. Is a known problem with Explorer!
Hope it helps...

Quote Reply
I'm sure you did, but did you verify the CHMOD is still correct for those files?

I used the configurator in explore without problems, but perhaps you should check that.

The Newbie
Quote Reply
You were right. I downloaded in Explorer and they didn't work but when I hard-coded they worked fine!