Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Comment on Cookie login

Quote Reply
Comment on Cookie login
Hi! This post is just a little comment on the mod that was written to allow users of DBman to be able to ask the database to remember their username and password. However, as some of us may have installed the secure password mod by JPDeni which would have inserted " onLoad="document.form1.userid.focus()" " in the Body tag of the login subrountine in html.pl. For me, in addition to that I also included " onLoad="top.window.focus()" " to the body tag as well. I then recently installed the cookie mod and found that it was not working. I then removed the above 2 codes and found that it was working. Then I figured out that there's nothing to stop the cookie from working just because of the 2 codes I inserted. Hence I sort of change the codes to be inserted after the " onLoad="GetCookie()" " code and presto! it worked.

So to summarise,

Change

<body bgcolor="#DDDDDD" text="#000000" onLoad="document.form1.userid.focus()">
|;
if ($print_get_cookies) { print qq~ onLoad="GetCookies()"~; }
print qq|>|;
&cookie;

to
<body bgcolor="#DDDDDD" text="#000000"
|;
if ($print_get_cookies) { print qq~ onLoad="GetCookies()" onLoad="top.window.focus()" onLoad="document.form1.userid.focus()"~; }
print qq|>|;
&cookie;

I don't know if anyone one has this figured out but I just thought that I should share solutions.

Julian
Quote Reply
Re: Comment on Cookie login In reply to
Julian, thanks for taking the time to revisit and post the fix for the onLoad conflict. Your detailed explanation of the problem & fix is appreciated.

~ Karen
Quote Reply
Re: Comment on Cookie login In reply to
Umm... No prob. Just thought that I should put a little back after getting all the help from all of you here.

Julian