Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Charging a fee for access

Quote Reply
Charging a fee for access
I have designed a DBMan database for the real-estate industry and I want to charge users a fee to access it. I'm new to e-commerce and I was hoping someone could help. After a user enters his/her credit card info (through some payment gateway) how can I automatically assign a Username & Password? I could just point them to the signup screen, but then if they screw up or get logged off prematurely, I have no way of getting them back. Or is there a better way to do this?

If I can't get the help I need, does anyone know someone willing to setup something like this for a fee?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Ryan

Quote Reply
Re: Charging a fee for access In reply to
Just a suggestion, but if you are using another script or process to collect payment, perhaps you could then just add the users yourself once payment is received.

I do think it's a good idea to have the user provide their own username and password as this makes it sooo much easier for them to remember in the future. People can have sooo many passwords to remember.

Perhaps you can setup an area within your other script which asks them what username and password they desire and perhaps an alternative in case their first choice is already taken.

I'm sure you will get ideas from others also :)

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/