Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

[color]TEXT[/color] mod

Quote Reply
[color]TEXT[/color] mod
HI,:)
I wonder how can I add a mod to color font, the same as this board if we want font with red we typefont

How? Any help'd be GREAT appreciated!

Please Excuse me for my poor knoledge of PERL
Regards,
Act.
Quote Reply
Re: [color]TEXT[/color] mod In reply to
Regular Expressions...codes have been provided in other support forums in this site.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
In the file: html.pl

Add the following near the top (below where the $html_title = 'your site title' is to make it easier to find/update)

$font_red = 'FONT FACE="verdana, arial, helvetica" SIZE="3" COLOR="#FF0000" ';

$font_blue = 'FONT FACE="verdana, arial, helvetica" SIZE="3" COLOR="#0000FF" ';

$font_green = 'FONT FACE="verdana, arial, helvetica" SIZE="3" COLOR="#00FF00" ';

Then use <$font_red>to make something red</font> etc. (which basically inserts all of the 'FONT COLOR="..blah..blah" ' into the < > tags.

The color comes from the number #FF0000 (called a hex or hexadecimal number - notice a pattern in the numbering?). For a better selection of numbers/colors go to http://javascript.internet.com and they have a groovy color wheel javascript that you can save and use to pick that "just so" color. Hope this helps...

Ps: spend $25 on 'Perl for Dummies' ('HTML for Dummies' will help also), you'll be glad you did.

Quote Reply
Watts...that is NOT what act is requesting. He/she is NOT requesting how you create global variables that can be used throughout the html.pl, BUT how to add codes that will take and make them into HTML tags DYNAMICALLY!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi,Watt
Eliot was right,I dont want to do that.But what I want is how to color TEXT in to what ever color such as if I want Text WITH RED
color I just type TEXT Then it will appear TEXT.
Hope some one can help me :)

Act,A 99.99% man.

Please Excuse me for my poor knoledge of PERL
Regards,
Act.