Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

"Auth" Directory

Quote Reply
"Auth" Directory
About once a week I get an error message because the "auth" directory has disappeared. I recreate it and everything works fine. Do I have a configuration problem? Can someone point me in the right direction for solving this mystery?

Using two simple databases with common cgi file but separate cfgs. Nothing fancy. Visitors are only allowed to view data with no login required.

Thanks,
Jim
Quote Reply
Re: "Auth" Directory In reply to
What Operating System and Web Server Software are you using (or accessing)?

If it is NT, I have seen problems with permissions changing mysteriously. But deletion of the auth directory...now that is a new one.

Make sure that you have set the auth directory to 777 (rwxrwxrwx). What does your log file tell around the time that the directory is deleted? Also, look at your server's log file and Perl Log File for more information.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Re: "Auth" Directory In reply to
Eliot . . .

-Apache/1.3.4 (Unix)

-No error message is recorded in the Server Errol log. This message appears on the screen: CGI Error-unable to open directory in auth_cleanup: /www/xxxxxx/cgi-bin/dbman/auth. Reason: No such file or directory.

[Don't know why an error message does not appear in the log. Just now I intentionally generated an error log message by asking for a non-existent file.]

-The "auth" directory is always set at 777.

So, after I recreate "auth" it works fine for awhile and then it's gone again. ???

Puzzled,
Jim