Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Public Beta Next Friday...

Quote Reply
Public Beta Next Friday...
hola,

i've just read the LinksSQL v2 public beta announce for next friday... will this release be available to anyone? or it is viewable by registered users only?

i'd like to get confidence with sql and tables... and this seems a great opportunity...

thanks,

ciao

Quote Reply
Re: Public Beta Next Friday... In reply to
Links SQL is a commercial product, so I suppose the download will only be available to registred users.

Quote Reply
hope it will be contrary... sometimes a public beta accelerate the debugging fase... and, like my case, could take new customer... i'll be able to test all the power of SQL and al the new features, with the result that when i get back to the flat file version, i'll dream of it every night!!! until i acquire the license...

Smile

chico

Quote Reply
problem is, the code is then made 'public' which means people can take it and use it without paying the license fee.

I would imagine the demo will be public, the code will be for registered users.

http://www.postcards.com
FAQ: http://www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/

Quote Reply
From what I undestand (as I been waiting to buy links sql once the new version is released) what you will be able to see is the demo of the program, same as you can today with links 2.0 or sql. I guess (hope) a short time later you will be able to buy it...

If you want to test drive the code itself you can start by using the available for download links 2.0...

Quote Reply
I'd like to test the use of tables and SQL to manipulate web results... i think it will be easier to add fields and to extract the data, formatted as i need... but for the moment i can play only with the demo online (no way to customize) or with the flat file version... which, i think, it is a bit harder to customize... do you know where can i get some examples of web interfaces to sql databases? not a program to manage sql tables, like mysqlman, but a perl script that can generate web pages with contents extracted from sql tables... i'll try with www.perl.com...

ciao,

chico

Quote Reply
MySQLMan ---> Produced by Gossamer Threads and free for you to use.

Click on Products link in the top menu bar.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
hola,

i should learn perl and cgi!!!

ciao

Quote Reply
Sorry, no, it will be only available to Links SQL owners.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
oko... I should learn perl, cgi & buy LinksSQL!!!

Smile