Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Gossamer Threads Development Survey

(Page 4 of 4)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: Gossamer Threads Development Survey In reply to
Quote:
The (LSQL/Forum) email/newsletter-functionallity should be developed:
Also some kind of newsletter/mail-bounce-handling would be very great!
At last the newsletter-subscription-functionallity should use an double-opt-in.
Quote:

I know this has been dropped in priority, but in truth, the true community directories that email their link owners and have regularly send out newsletters NEED this to be able to conform with CAN-SPAM regulations. I have not emailed my newsletter subscribers or link owners in over a year due to the CAN-SPAM issues. Maybe because you are not based in the US you don't see this as an issue, but for me it is an extremely important issue. I would like to see bounce handling that not only kills the email address, but the user and links associated with it because in most cases a bounced email also means a website has disappeared. Yes, I can use a third party script or service, but with 45,000 email addresses across my licenses, the cost is out of line and I would still need to manually remove the addresses and links from my directory, as well as having to add new subscribers manually as they add links. This would be worth the cost of a full upgrade.
Quote Reply
Re: [loxly] Gossamer Threads Development Survey In reply to
As I already mentioned in other threads, in my opinion it is essential (!) that GT focusses much more on interactivity.

In GT Links SQL the end users should be able to set up own categories and manage them on their own.

In GT Mail resp. GT List the end users should be able to set up own mailinglist lists and manage them on their own (like discussion lists).

In GT Community the end users should be able to set up own homepages and personal calenders and manage them on their own.

In GT Forum the end users should be able to set up own forums and manage them on their own.

In GT Autorespond the end users should be able to set up own autoresponders and manage them on their own.

Besides, a Yahoogroups or Yahooclubs script and a Blogger.com script should be developed.

Finally, it should be possible to buy all above mentioned products as a package and this package should run "out of the box".
> >