Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

GT working on?

(Page 2 of 4)
> > > >
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] GT working on? In reply to
Alex,
Will the make over be free to existing owners?
Quote Reply
We're almost to the third week any word?
Quote Reply
Re: [LordStryfe] GT working on? In reply to
Hi,

I know for a fact GForum 3 is very nearly ready - they are just fixing up some bugs/issues. They don't wanna release it when its screwed :) (I've seen a pre-beta of it already, but its not quite ready for use on a live site (old, or new).

Just keep your eyes open to the Announcements forum - should hopefully here something in the next couple of weeks :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] GT working on? In reply to

My comment (see below) to the forum sneak peak in the gossamer blog is awaiting moderation since 10 days.

Quote:
Hi GT,
I’m a little bit disappointed of this sneak preview. I thought the release of gforum 2.0 is near, and now you are talking about a alpha version that is a bit away from a beta release???
Sounds like you just started the development process.
The alpha version is I think older than a year!!!
I hope it won’t take another year for beta and another for the final release

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] GT working on? In reply to
The forum design breaks in IE8 Angelic
Quote Reply
Re: [Wychwood] GT working on? In reply to
Still my big things I'm wanting to see is a luna based template for community; and the same template as this current forum for forums. Also are the upgrades for GForum free?
Quote Reply
Hi guys,

Ian the GT blogger here - Just thought I'd answer some of your questions:

GForum v.2.0.0 Release Date:
The targeted BETA release date for GForum v2.0.0 as of right now is August 31, 2008. You definitely will not have wait another year.

Fileman v3.0 Release Date:
We are currently testing the Beta version of FileMan v3.0 for bugs - release date will most likely be the same time as GForum v.2.0.0 (if not earlier).

Luna-based template for Gossamer Community:
This is definitely on our list of product updates - again, expect it roughly around the same time as the GForum v2.0.0 release.

Pricing & Upgrading:
There hasn't been a final decision made on pricing yet - but rest assured the final price will very attractive.

For those of you who haven't seen our sneak peak, have a look:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...ads-development-lab/
Quote Reply
Re: [gt-ian] GT working on? In reply to
Everything still on schedule?
Quote Reply
We are pushing real hard to get our projects out on schedule - sleepless nights are quite common right around this time.

We've got 5 developers working on Gossamer Forum 2 (the most we've had on any project) and it's still proving to be big undertaking, due to the amount of redesign (both system and style) and legacy code that needs to be rejiggered to work. To be frank, given the amount of changes and quality we're striving for, our target of the 31st is looking a bit hazy as of now.

What I can say is that FileMan v3 BETA is on schedule and will be released by the end of the week.

The user-side functionality of Gossamer Forum 2 will also be pushed out in some way on Friday, so you can see and play with all the neat new features such as tagging, favourites, reporting posts (report abuse, spammers, etc) and revamped profile pages with social media integration.
Quote Reply
Re: [Wychwood] GT working on? In reply to
Wychwood wrote:
The forum design breaks in IE8 Angelic

Er, see what you mean about the forum breaking in IE 8 (image attached for GT, if their interested :P)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] GT working on? In reply to
In the interim, you can add the META element (<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7" />) to force IE8 to emulate IE7. Will not work if you place it incorrectly. The META element should be the first child of your HEAD element.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] GT working on? In reply to
Hi,

Ah cool - didn't know that =)

I think what I'm just gonna do on my stuff, is not bother working with IE 8, at least not until its been officially released (I was talking to someone else about it on another forum, and he was saying you'll just be there forever-and-a-day trying to make it work with fixes/releases etc, so its best just to wait for a proper release =)))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Sadly we didn't get it to a state today where we could push it out to the site. Frown It's our top priority and we'll be working all next week to get the site updated and a download to follow shortly.

Thanks for your patience!

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
It's better to take your time and get it right then to rush and have to work out a lot of bugs Laugh

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing
Post deleted by erichcyber In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] GT working on? In reply to
Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
sorry, there is no bug !

I just missed the fact that it is possible to switch from page "1 of 2" to page "2 of 2".
Looks like I had tired eyes..... ;-)

Thanks,

Erich
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] GT working on? In reply to
Any updates?
Quote Reply
As Alex has stated, we're still working on it to make sure that our release is as polished and tidy as you'd expect it to be. It is a top priority and we are working on it very diligently!

Stay tuned to our blog for detailed announcements - I promise I'll roll them out as soon as I have news Smile
Quote Reply
Well here's my monthly check in for any new updates.
Quote Reply
Any new word on a Links SQL or Community or Forums update that is ready?
Quote Reply
Hm, my comment on this comment
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/blog/sneak-peak-gossamer-threads-development-lab/#comment-17807
in gt blog is awaiting moderation, since December 12th 2008,
so I think I have to post it here...

Hi Ian,
there were a lot of days to release gforum 2.0 since October the 20th ?!?
Are there any problems with the admin side of gforum?
The “Duke Nukem Forever” point is getting closer

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Quote:
there were a lot of days to release gforum 2.0 since October the 20th ?!?
Are there any problems with the admin side of gforum?
The “Duke Nukem Forever” point is getting closer
Quote Reply
Sadly there seems to be a total neglect of paying customers, at least on this forum. With the current economic climate you'd expect the opposite. I guess GT can afford to lose customers....

Last edited by:

Wychwood: Feb 6, 2009, 4:59 PM
Quote Reply
Hey Alex,

Thanks for the update, am eager to see all the new toys. It is still my opinion you need to take your time and do it right, instead of rushing to push stuff out. The complainers will complain worse if you put out a buggy update.

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing
> > > >