Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Custom Modification Jobs :

password cookie to interact with iBill

Quote Reply
password cookie to interact with iBill
I have a large site in the works (incorporating Links, Forum, Mail, and some other stuff), most of which is available to the public, but many sections of which will only be availble to paid members. I'm currently using iBill to handle subscriptions and password management. What I want to do is to have multiple "member directories" scattered throughout the site, each protecting a "members only" section through the use of an .htaccess file, all of which would reference the same .htpasswd file. The problem is that I don't want people to have to log in multiple times in the same session. Is there a way (though the use of cookies, perhaps?) to make it so that once a member has logged in once, they're covered for the session?

Thanks.

Fractured Atlas :: Liberate the Artist
Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund
Quote Reply
Re: [davidziel] password cookie to interact with iBill In reply to
Never mind. Figured it out. Wink

If anyone's interested, it turns out that iBill's servers do this automatically. As long as the same .htpasswd file is being referenced and the "realm" is the same, one login per session is all that's required, even if the .htaccess files are protecting different directories in different domains.

Fractured Atlas :: Liberate the Artist
Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund