Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

still some problems!

Quote Reply
still some problems!
Got this script. Actually the same as the last post, but I rewrote the addgames.cgi and made a new addg.cgi which is using CGI.pm.
It's working pretty nice, but I got some problems.
The date wont be added and I got some problems with some other things. In the form I want the users to post how many clicks the game should start with, but I think I've done something wrong in the checking part. Kinda hard to explain. http://home.no.net/...s/games_page/data.db
Usually dont like giving away my address, but in this case its necessary. take a look. A other part of the script(another file) is quite messed up too, but we take one file at the time. Hope someone can help me out of this world of errors. Thanks.

This is very vague:

Quote:
The date wont be added and I got some problems with some other things.

...as is this:

Quote:
I think I've done something wrong in the checking part

Quote:
Usually dont like giving away my address,

That must be tough running a website without giving out the address ;)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] still some problems! In reply to
For the first: I dont run a website.
I just a server where I test scripts and upload files, images and other things just for safety.

Second: Its difficult to explain. I'm sending all three files. Addg.cgi, games.cgi, and search.cgi.
Just look at http://home.no.net/...games_page/games.cgi for the script. The other files are in the same folder.

Let me try to show you whats wrong:
Code:
1|Counter-Strike|http://www.counter-strike.net/|y|tp://www.counter-strike.net/thebootshoots.jpg|The coolest LAN game ever! Really neat. Great playing with friends! Buy it!18|Action|
This is taken from data.db. I've just added a game.
Lets make a list:
* The first field: 1. It should have said 0001.
* y have no idea where that came from.(the forth field)
* The fifth: The whole address won't show. tp:// ??
* At the end of nr. 5: 18. That should have been in a field for it self. (its number of clicks).
* Two fields are missing: Rating and the date when the game was added. Look at addg.cgi and check the date subroutine. Dont know if the coding is right.

And when I try to display the game info after searching for it the fields are displayed totally wrong! Think I've forgot to place the category field there, but it shouldn't have anything to do with it.

(breath, breath, breath)
That was all(for the moment). Better?

The first thing for the number '1' is at 58

$firsttime= 0001

It should be '0001'

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] still some problems! In reply to
Thats one. What about the other hundreds?