Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Useless Header info returned by IIS when running SSI exec

Quote Reply
Useless Header info returned by IIS when running SSI exec
Ok. I know threads about this have been posted before but none have the answer I need. So here goes again...

This is my script:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "<p>Boo, Wuzza wuzza... Infinity!!!</p>";

When I try this from an html page:

<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/ssicalltest.pl" -->

I get this before the output I want from the script:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 20:05:50 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Content-type: text/html

Obviously the only thing I want displayed in my browser is:

Boo, Wuzza wuzza... Infinity!!!

Yes, I am properly configured for SSI.

Yes, my server accepts the <!--exec cgi="... command.

I just need to know how to get rid of / suppress that response header stuff when I run this on an IIS server. I get exactly what I want from Apache Smile but I need for this to work on IIS as well Unsure.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Last edited by:

Crolguvar: Jul 2, 2002, 1:46 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Crolguvar] Useless Header info returned by IIS when running SSI exec In reply to
s,text/plain,text/html,;

Or in plain english: change text/plain into text/html.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Useless Header info returned by IIS when running SSI exec In reply to
Tried that. Problem persists.

I just get:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 20:44:09 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Content-type: text/plain

instead of:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 20:44:09 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Content-type: text/html

Quote Reply
Re: [Crolguvar] Useless Header info returned by IIS when running SSI exec In reply to
Try adding:

return;

under your prints. If that doesn't work trying returning all the output. If that doesn't work try:

return print $output;

Last edited by:

Paul: Jul 2, 2002, 1:48 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Useless Header info returned by IIS when running SSI exec In reply to
Thanks. Tried that also and it has no effect.

Actually if I do not say print anywhere I get:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 20:53:22 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Content-type: text/html '...mypath\cgi-bin\ssicalltest.pl' script produced no output

Last edited by:

Crolguvar: Jul 2, 2002, 1:55 PM
Quote Reply
Ahh sorry I think I know....it sounds like you have SSI associated with PerlIS.dll ....you need to associate it with perl.exe
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Useless Header info returned by IIS when running SSI exec In reply to
Ahah! Something I havn't tried yet. I'll give it a go and get back to you on that.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Well that seems to work Smile.

U da man Paul.

We had problems using the .exe with some scripts so we sent everything to the .dll instead. It's good to know the .exe is usefull for something.

Thanks to all.