Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Spell Check

Quote Reply
Spell Check
Hi,
Does anyone know of a good perl spell/grammar check script?
I need something that can check both form input and the body of emails submitted by users.
I would also like it to maintain a library of common mistakes and remember them for future use.
It's going to be incorporated within another perl script and should do all checking without admin intervention (except for the final human check which I think would be needed).
The purpose is to help reduce the human checking and correction process.
Is there anything like this out there?
Thank you.

Last edited by:

jai: Jun 3, 2004, 4:57 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [jai] Spell Check In reply to
You shouldn't go around posting same posts all over ... you'll get your answer sooner or later.
Go back to your other post and u'll see the answer.
"Text::Aspell (available on CPAN - http://search.cpan.org/~hank/Text-Aspell-0.04/Aspell.pm"
Quote Reply
Re: [llccoo] Spell Check In reply to
Thanks for your reply.

In Reply To:
You shouldn't go around posting same posts all over ... you'll get your answer sooner or later.

If my question was a technical question with basically only one answer then I would agree with you.
As my question was looking for different types of spell check solutions rather than just one particular perl module, I don't see any problem with posting in several forums. I often find that I can get a lot of good ideas (sometimes the same but usually not) from different forums (TekTips, DevShed, GT, etc.)
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: [jai] Spell Check In reply to
That is true I think i have done the same in rare occasions but i worded it differently
becuase I forgot the copy&paste option.

In that case post away. =)

I just read the same post all over and I'm like "what the?!?!" am i seeing things. And
the answers all basically the same. Just looking out for good threads =)

GL
Quote Reply
Re: [llccoo] Spell Check In reply to
Perhaps I should have worded the post a little differently.
I'm not so interested in perl modules alone, I thought that there might be a few complete solutions out there that can do everything I want. People who frequent different message boards often have different ideas and use different types of programs/scripts/etc.
Unfortunatly, the answers I have received on the other two forums (only two at this stage) basically said to take a look at the perl modules - Text::Aspell and Text::SpellCheck.
I'm more interested in something like the spell checker plugin that this GT message board uses but more advanced and as a stand alone module/script.
Any ideas?