Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Printing Frames

Quote Reply
Printing Frames
Hi!

I have a question that I can't seem to figure out! Ok, I have a page that has a top frame which comes from my site and the bottom source comes from another.....and it's important that both frames get printed when a customer hit's print because my contact info is on the top frame, and I'm obviously not able to add it to the bottom frame because that comes from another site. Basically, it will only print the bottom frame. Any ideas as to what I can do to have it either print both frames or maybe even attach my contact info somewhere so that it will show up on a print? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thank You
Quote Reply
Re: Printing Frames In reply to
Have the person use IE and click Print. Click the "Print all linked documents' checkbox.

-- Gordon --

------------------
$blah='82:84:70:77';
print chr($_) foreach (split/:/,$blah);
Quote Reply
From the Netscape Help File:
-------------------------------------------
Note: When you view a page containing
frames, the File menu contains Print Frame
in place of Print.
-------------------------------------------
Note _Frame_ and not _Frames_. I played around with the print options to no avail.
Unless someone else knows of a way to get Netscape to print all frames at once, looks like people will need to use IE for printing or get a screen shot and print it Wink
Netscape is going downhill and not too slowly, it seems to me.
-- Gordon --

------------------
$blah='82:84:70:77';
print chr($_) foreach (split/:/,$blah);
Quote Reply
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the response! The only problem with that is that everone doesn't use IE as their browser. I was looking for something that might work universally with all browsers. I'm not sure if it is possible, but I just thought I would ask on this forum to see if anyone has done this before. If you have any other ideas, please let me know.

Thanks