Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

PIPE FILE is not be excute in win2k

Quote Reply
PIPE FILE is not be excute in win2k

I got this problem unsettled for quite long time.

$PIPE_FILE = "F:/webtest/test/cgi-bin/help/RUNNOW.cgi";
open (maines, "| $PIPE_FILE") or die "Sorry, I was unable to open the $PIPE_FILE file: $!";

when running on BSD. above code running well. RUNNOW.cgi is called and running well.
while running on win2000 under dos windows, it will not go through. runnow.cgi is called. however
it is not be excuted, instead. it open the runnow.cgi in textpad. this is much like the .cgi is not be
proper mapped,however .cgi is really mapped well in iis server. has anyone met this problem before and and suggestion?

THanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: [courierb] PIPE FILE is not be excute in win2k In reply to
i do not know if this is ok or not

$PIPE_FILE = "F:/webtest/test/cgi-bin/help/RUNNOW.cgi";
open (maines, "| perl $PIPE_FILE") or die "Sorry, I was unable to open the $PIPE_FILE file: $!";
Quote Reply
Quote:
... .cgi is not be proper mapped,however .cgi is really mapped well in iis server. has anyone met this problem before and and suggestion?

It might be mapped in IIS but the .cgi extension also needs to be associated with the Perl interpreter on the system. It sounds like it's not. From Windows Explorer, click on Tools -> Folders Options. In that dialog box, click on the File Types tab and see if the cgi extension is associated correctly. If not, just add it in.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] PIPE FILE is not be excute in win2k In reply to
thanks. you are perfectly right.
Quote Reply
Quote:
thanks.

No worries :)

~Charlie