Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

PayPal IPN - sig?

Quote Reply
PayPal IPN - sig?
Hi,

Just been having a play with PayPal's IPN system again. Upon returning to the script (after payment), I did a dump using Data::Dumper($in) (where $in is just a $IN->get_hash call). I see the following;

Code:
$VAR1 = {
'sig' => 'ixYPEWz084+BGIZ4UYR2Es3WFSkxV20edYGT0UEbVBDihAbsxPY4rP9vKDNEv6Yw3lRRSigwqG6nAoAOxsjeziLqSH0G6ClKdxgkxx1lL8jeKyID5h85wHg1SWNR3qKE7agn95P7YE2Mleyb1jT0ewgK5epComNLQL1so6Wt8ZI=',
'tx' => '8JE47405MT823570D',
'cc' => 'GBP',
'st' => 'Completed',
'cm' => '',
'amt' => '2.00'
};

Now, this is the part that has me stumped.. wheres the useful info? I can't find anything on PayPals site about decrypting the value from "sig".

If anyone has any pointers/ideas, I'm all ears :D

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] PayPal IPN - sig? In reply to
As far as I'm aware the data is POST'ed to your script so you'll need to read STDIN.

$IN->get_hash only grabs parameters from a GET request.
Quote Reply
Re: [Hargreaves] PayPal IPN - sig? In reply to
Hi,

Thanks, tried that :/

Seems like its sent via GET. This is the URL it sends the customer to after a purchase;

http://www.domain.co.uk/cgi-bin/paypal.cgi?tx=2H482715U39269314&st=Completed&amt=2.00&cc=GBP&cm=&sig=j7if%2fPo7WbzIo99H8fDp5596O1NYbdOek2lPiKVFnZXA4YDn0sZKaaUzjXYx3CEvguhWDiI1MOdTT6%2b%2bHX0T%2f15C87DWSb5lfKpVWYAL9YqXZbNLMpktPm8rKjDYQ805IhxMvF5mg31wZkxWD%2bFihRM5RLcpf2rCqSrR1gKQAEg%3d

So I guess thats why $IN->het_hash only gets those values Frown

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] PayPal IPN - sig? In reply to
Yeah, and then you have to POST back to PayPal and fetch the response.