Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Perl or php code for fantasy Football

Quote Reply
Perl or php code for fantasy Football
Hi, I'm looking to build an online fantasy football web site in php or perl for my family and friends to play. If anyone knows about fantasy football, I would like to know if there are any scripts out there that I can use to get me started on the site. I know what the site should look like and what it should have but I need to figure out the code that creates the reports, do lineups, trades, add/drop of players and calculate stats. Any help would be great.
Thanks BarryB
Quote Reply
Re: [barryb12000] Perl or php code for fantasy Football In reply to
Gossamer Threads DBMAN has been used for Fantasy Sports web sites...among other types of applications.

Good luck
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] Perl or php code for fantasy Football In reply to
Do you know the site that uses the application for that purpose or where I can find the code?
Quote Reply
Re: [barryb12000] Perl or php code for fantasy Football In reply to
The code?

Click on the PRODUCTS link in the top menu bar, then select DBMAN...

You are in the Gossamer Threads web site, and their products are listed in the PRODUCTS section.

Bear in mind, that you will have to MOD the DBMAN app to do everything you want, but the applications of DBMAN are endless, visit the DBMAN forums, look in the Gossamer Threads resources section (under Support), etc.

Adios amigos!
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Heckler: Feb 28, 2002, 9:36 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] Perl or php code for fantasy Football In reply to
I know what DBMan can do. If you read my first question you would see I was looking for a script that does the operations that I need. If I wanted an application that needed modification done I would be looking for something other than DBMan. If you respone to a question is "DBMan" can do what you want it to do then don't respone to my question.