Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Multiple DB Connection Problem

Quote Reply
Multiple DB Connection Problem
Hi All,

When I try to connect more than one Database through my Perl code.It is giving the following error :
Software error: Can't connect to data source "dbi:Oracle:host=10.0.0.1;sid=dev;","queryeditor","editor", no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/saravanan/queryeditor_dev/dbnameselection.cgi line 47
Following is the part of script :

$ENV{ORACLE_HOME}="/home/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1";
our $conn1 = DBI->connect("dbi:Oracle:host=10.0.0.1;sid=dev;","queryeditor","editor");
die($DBI::errstr) unless $conn1;

my $connection_detail = "select DBDESCRIPTION from qe_dbnamelist where DBNAME='$dbname'";
my $connection_records = $conn1->prepare($connection_detail) or die("Error on preparing the sql statement \n");
$connection_records->execute() or die("Error on getting the data from QE_GROUP \n");
print "Query String Part";
@connection_resultset= $connection_records->fetchrow_array;

$dbconnectionstring = $connection_resultset[0];
print $dbconnectionstring;
our $conn2 = DBI->connect($dbconnectionstring);
die($DBI::errstr) unless $conn2;
print "$dbname Database Successfully Connected !!!";

What actually I am trying to do is, I am fetching ORacle DB connection string (for Ex : "dbi:Oracle:host=10.0.0.1;sid=dev;","queryeditor","editor") from one table and I am creating one more different DB connection using that DB connection string. So..during that time I am getting this error.

What could be the problem ?

Thanks a ton in Advance !

Warm Regards,
Saravanan
Quote Reply
Re: [slg_saravanan] Multiple DB Connection Problem In reply to
If I were to take a stab in the dark I'd suggest trying DBI instead of dbi to begin with.
Quote Reply
Re: [Wychwood] Multiple DB Connection Problem In reply to
Still the same problem .. :( Any other solution(s) ??
Quote Reply
Re: [slg_saravanan] Multiple DB Connection Problem In reply to
Hi,

It seems that the DBD for Oracle has not been installed on your server.

Hope that helps

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog