Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

html web page with power point slide or flash

Quote Reply
html web page with power point slide or flash
I have got this link:

http://www.internetworkexpert.com/resources/01700368.htm

How can I save these slides on the web page above ,,,,do I need to use offlinebrowser ?

Is there any other way ?

What about Flash ? some time I find a flash on net,,,,how can I save it ?
Quote Reply
Re: [zillah] html web page with power point slide or flash In reply to
In Reply To:

What about Flash ? some time I find a flash on net,,,,how can I save it ?

There are few flash decompiler tools which when you install gives you the ability to save flash (appears as a menu item in IE t least) whenever you visit a flash content page. Just google around....

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] html web page with power point slide or flash In reply to
Quote:
There are few flash decompiler tools which when you install gives you the ability to save flash (appears as a menu item in IE t least)

Could you please recommand one
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Quote:
There are few flash decompiler tools which when you install gives you the ability to save flash (appears as a menu item in IE t least)

Could you please recommand one
Hi,

I'd be careful! Normally, this is classed as "stealing" , not to mention copyright infringment. I've seen a few people get sued over this kind of thing.. so unless you've got a good lawyer/a genuine reason for wanting to decompile it, I wouldn't bother Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
sothink dot com
eltima dot com

i think the decompiler from first one installs the Save As in IE ... not sure though. Been a long time and i personally do not like flash

Thanks
HyTC
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] html web page with power point slide or flash In reply to
Hey Andy,

Say you and me do two websites from same templates (bought) and host it on different domains bought the same day/date/time, and do not care to change the images that come with the template so maintain an identically looking site (at least from images-flash-point of view). Who owns the copyright to those images (and flash). What if a third site or many more sites based on that template are there.

:-)

Thanks
HyTC
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] html web page with power point slide or flash In reply to
Hi,

I guess the company who designed the template would own the overall copyright, but we would both have sub-licenses (i.e can be used one a limited number of sites).

What he's suggesting above though, is *copying* someones flash content.. and then using it for his own. Thats deceitful, and just as bad as the site-grabbers that have come out in abundance now. Something I certainly don't condone Blush

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] html web page with power point slide or flash In reply to
Hmm. this could get complicated.
If we own the sublicenses, and do a site each for client (ie domains not controlled by sublicensee), and someone copies the content from there, who sues the guy copying? The third party client, the sub licensee or the company which designed the template. Actually most of these 30$ template pack providers themselves have lifted templates from web and you can find scores of sites based on these templates including the original site from where the templates were lifted. Everyone is not as resourceful as M$ that they sue Lindows (because of six common alphaphets appearing in same sequence and sounding similar to M$ product name) and ultimately loose the battle :-)

Actually the whole idea of providing commercial flash decompilers is misleading then. Anyone who would use it to decompile, would reconstruct with his own content images, text, effect etc as a short cut (instead of learning to do it through scripting). For a beginer, i think instead of invetsing in flash deompiler, it would be a good idea to invest in trendyflash.com (again there could be thousands of sites /part of it done thru such tools)

:-)

Thanks
HyTC