Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

What do you see when you click these links?

Quote Reply
What do you see when you click these links?
Hi,

I'm working on a script for AllPosters, and have a bit of a problem. Pretty much all the links I click on, come up with an error message:

Sorry, the item you are looking for is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.
But please give us another chance or select from the other options on this page.

What do other people see when they click the links?

http://buy-a-poster.com/...nts/94266-index.html

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] What do you see when you click these links? In reply to
Hi Andy,
when I click your link I see this category
Home : Specialty Products : Specialty Prints

but when I click a link in this cat, I see the same error page, as you told us

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] What do you see when you click these links? In reply to
Hi,

Thanks - I was half expecting that.

Its a new script I'm working on, but looks like the AllPosters SOAP datafeed is screwed. Been waiting for a reply for over a week now (finally got one about an hour ago - telling me they are aware of the problem). Just gonna finish the script off, and then should be ready to roll it out once their end is sorted :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I get a page with:

"Test Install
Just a test slogan!"

and a list of posters. Every time I refresh the background colour changes, which I guess it's supposed to?
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] What do you see when you click these links? In reply to
Hi,

Yeah thats how it should look - although was more interested in the links when you click "more info" or the poster images Whistle

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
May be a little late for an answer...

I see a blue page, with test install, breadcrumbs, categories, pagination and 59,xxx links in it.

When I click on a poster I get sent directly to allposters website.
when I click on add to cart I also get sent to the same page, cart says 0 items.

Links has a pretty good SEO (maybe its me or maybe its links...) but what I really like is the detailed page. Where I can put a nice important <h1> and <title> and so on for that specific item. Category pages are cool, but when you add items, things move around and people land on a page which may not have the info they are looking for. In my sites, what really brings in people are the detailed page searches.

Even if its the same info plus some of your plugins like what other people also saw or aditional random items, I think the detailed pages are a must.

m2c

JC
Quote Reply
Re: [Gorospe] What do you see when you click these links? In reply to
Hi,

Thanks - its weird how those links work for some people, but not for others :/

Allposters said they are aware of the problem:

Quote:
We apologize for the tardy response. Many affiliates have reported that the data feeds are not working properly. We have identified the problem but we do not have an ETA for a fix. Please check our blog for updates.

We have collected your earlier emails regarding SOAP requests, and broken links, and we will review them with our IT group this week.

Bit rubbish, but at least they have finally agreed there is an issue , and that they are looking at sorting it =)

Re detailed pages, I'll look at adding this in :)

Once I've got this plugin finished, I'm gonna have a look at re-doing the plugin I did for GLinks (to show plugins in your directory)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Gorospe] What do you see when you click these links? In reply to
Man they REALLY don't make it easy for developers to use their SOAP stuff!!!

Spent the last hour trying to get a specific products details:

Code:
my $content = <<CONTENT
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<soap:Body>
<GetProductByProductNumberInformation
xmlns="http://Webservice.Allposters.com/APCF.AffiliateWebService/ProductInformationService">
<GetProductByProductNumberInformationResult>
<APCSearchXml>
<![CDATA[ <APC_Search_Query>
<WebSiteID>$ALLPOSTERSID</WebSiteID>
<SearchTerm>5024381</SearchTerm>
<LanguageID>3</LanguageID>
</APC_Search_Query>]]>
</APCSearchXml>
</GetProductByProductNumberInformationResult>
</GetProductInformation>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>
CONTENT
;

REALLY starting to get on my wick!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:
......click "more info" or the poster images

"Sorry, the item you are looking for is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Last edited by:

MJB: Mar 9, 2010, 9:47 AM
Quote Reply
Yeah, same as me :( Ah well, will have to just wait to hear back from them .... hopefully wont be too long!

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
It sends me to the link in a new window.

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing
Quote Reply
Re: [SandraR] What do you see when you click these links? In reply to
Yeah, very weird -it seems to work for some people, but not others. Let hope AllPosters come up with something! (looks like I'm not the only one who's having these problems Frown)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Strange, when I click the Rangers poster it takes my to the purchase page but if I click any of the others I get the error message (Firefox 3). When I try the link with IE8 none of the posters are displayed on the page, just the top and bottom pagination.
Quote Reply
Mmm weird :/

Must be something to do with their problem they are having - wish they'd hurry up and sort it :( (although still need to do some work with the category structure, as it seems some of them are not getting updated right with their parent ID's - got a feeliing its something to do with the ( ) and other charachters in the name - so will check that out more tomorrow)

Had enough of this script for one day Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I've tested the link on different browsers.

Chrome: Same results as Firefox

Safari: Same results as Firefox

IE8: The posters appear briefly then look to disappear behind the table with the pagination on. Results are the same with Compatibility View on and off.

Error details:
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; Media Center PC 5.0; SLCC1; Creative AutoUpdate v1.40.01)
Timestamp: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 21:14:42 UTC
Line: 225
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://buy-a-poster.com/dev_images/allposters.js
Quote Reply
Ah ok - that JS error should go (they design is from ages ago, when I was writing an older version). I've used the same version, but done major changes to it (uses SOAP now, instead of having the DB imported into a SQL table, and then accessed)

Just need to wait for my designer to come up with a design I can use <G>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk