Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Remove php post varibles on page refresh?

Quote Reply
Remove php post varibles on page refresh?
ive noticed that when ever i refresh my php page, it still has the variables that i passed to it before and deletes another record i dont want it to delete.

I have a link on the page that when you click it, it deletes the last record. the string i pass is page.php?&delete=yes and it deletes the last record. everythime i click the link on the page it deletes the last record ok, it also deletes the last record on page refresh after clicking the delete link.

Is there a way to destroy that 'delete' variable once you click the link so that when you refresh the page it doesnt continue deleting?
Quote Reply
Re: [WoSkI] Remove php post varibles on page refresh? In reply to
How about setting a cookie the first time, with a unique value, and then checking to see if the cookie exists when they load the page? That way, if they reload the page, the cookie will be there....but if its the first time, then it will not exist Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Remove php post varibles on page refresh? In reply to
dont really see that working, i found a way, i used header("Location: page.php") at the end of the function and it works perfect.